Cambridge Partners (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (“the act”) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any rights under the act. There is more information on the act at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who We Collect Your Personal Information From
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (eg telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information:
- To verify your identity.
- To provide services and products to you.
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (eg by text or email for this purpose).
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you.
- To undertake credit checks of you (if necessary).
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions.
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint.
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis).
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the act.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Another company within our group.
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products.
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you.
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information).
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (eg a regulatory authority).
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (eg a law enforcement agency).
- Any other person authorised by you.
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (eg. the personal information or the correction that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Cambridge Partners recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal information. Please contact us to talk to us about your personal information or the communication we send you. We are happy to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you. If it is wrong we will correct it.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Website Tracking and Measurement
Cambridge Partners uses third-party website trackers, such as Google Analytics, to collect information on how you use our website. These services are used to aggregate website statistics anonymously, such as number of page views, the number of unique visitors, time spent on our site, and to determine advertising effectiveness.
On occasion, random short surveys may also be used to collect further information about our users. Participation in these surveys will be entirely voluntary.
Cambridge Partners uses remarketing with Google Analytics and Google AdWords to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show Cambridge Partners ads on sites across the internet. Cambridge Partners and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to the Cambridge Partners website.
Cambridge Partners uses Google Display Network Impression reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager. Cambridge Partners and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Cambridge Partners website.
Cambridge Partners uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting, including age, gender, and interests. This is aggregated website traffic information collected by our web server or third party systems we subscribe to.
Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
We strive to only send email to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future emails from us, please use the “unsubscribe” link that is located at the bottom of our email communications.